[virt-tools-list] use other partition | virt-manager

Michael michael at cacn.de
Mon Jan 20 18:47:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

I use KVM & Virt-manager at Debian. I have only 2 partition on this
Host. (see below) I start virt-manager (only)as sudo. But now, if i set
up a new VM - the virt-manager tells:

> There is not enough free space on the storage pool to create the
> volume. (8192 M requested allocation > 3115 M available)

/dev/sda1       9,1G    6,0G  2,6G   71% /
/dev/sda6       434G    127G  285G   31% /home

OK, it's clear for me why. but, where can i change the default path to
use sda6 instead of sda1 for virt-manager (and as sudo)

Yes, i have read the FAQ (Very clear) ;) And also

~/chap-Virtualization_Administration_Guide-Storage_Pools-Storage_Pools.html#sect-Virtualization-Storage_Pools-Creating-Dedicated_Disk_Devices

i mean: /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf and libvirt.conf are not the right
candidate ...

thanks for help

Michael