[virt-tools-list] virt-manager on windows environment

Hiromitsu.Karei at jp.yokogawa.com Hiromitsu.Karei at jp.yokogawa.com
Mon Jan 6 07:36:38 UTC 2014

> > Does virt-manager work on Windows environment ?
> > Does anyone run virt-manager on Windows environment ?
>
> Not out of the box.  It's plausible to get virt-manager to work on Windows
> -- as in, all the parts individually should work or can be compiled on Windows.
> But I will say that it's only going to happen if someone sufficiently skilled
> and interested in Windows actually works out the precise steps.

What kind of skill is necessary ?
Do the precise steps mean this project called msys_setup on following page ?

> http://serverfault.com/questions/340949/is-there-a-way-to-run-virt-manager-on-windows

Does virt-manager work without troubles if I use msys_setup ?
If you have the information of troubles, please tell me.

> Have you thought about just connecting to a remote system over X or running a Linux VM?

The way to use X11 is nice idea.
If virt-manager doesn't work on windows, I will try it.

-----
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and intended only for the party to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return and delete this e-mail. You are hereby formally advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.