[virt-tools-list] virt-install doesn't reboot rhel6/7 VMs after install

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Jul 28 15:37:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

   I've noticed that, for reasons I am not entirely sure of (though may
exist and be valid), newly provisioned EL6 and EL7 VMs stay off after
pressing "reboot" at the end of the OS install (--os-variant rhel*).
I've seen this behaviour on RHEL/CentOS 6.x and various recent Fedoras.
Note that when I install other OSes, the VM reboots properly.

   Why would this be? Is this designed behaviour? Installing the same on
bare-iron nodes reboots properly.

Thanks for any insight!

--
Digimer