[virt-tools-list] Question about keeping alive virtual machines

Szirmai Tibor tibor.szirmai at belux.hu
Mon Jun 16 08:24:35 UTC 2014

Dear List,

I'm not big a linux expert.
I installed Virtual Machine Manager 0.9.5, on a Debian server (Jessie)
with Xfce Desktop.
I created three Windows 7 virtual machines - which should run
continously - they work as servers.
I turned off all the energy-save options in the windows7 systems (no
hard disk sleep, no sleep mode, or anything).
Besides: the virtual machines stop in every 2-3 days; they get in
shutoff state, and I have to restart them manually - when I realize they
stopped.
I set the option "Start virtual machine on host boot up", "Autostart
onboot", "Autoconnect" - but these events happen only when virtual
manager restarts.
I don't understand, why do they shut off.
Is there a way to find the reason (log files, or something)?
Is there a way to set an automatic restart when a virtual machine shuts
off by any reason?

Thanks for the answer,

Szirmai Tibor
E-mail: tibor.szirmai at belux.hu <mailto:tibor.szirmai at belux.hu>