[virt-tools-list] [virt-viewer] virt-viewer: Don't connect to localhost displays with qemu+tcp://

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 17:09:22 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 09:30:12AM -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> It seems that this would fix the vast majority of cases, but it also may
> be a bit too simplistic? For example, if the 'listen' address was some
> string that was not literally "localhost" but still mapped to the
> loopback address, virt_viewer_is_loopback() would return FALSE. This
> seems like an improbable scenario, and maybe we don't care about it,
> though.

Yup, there are most likely various corner cases where this will still
break. We probably cannot (easily) solve all of them, so as long as this
patch does not raise an error in a situation where the connection would
have worked as expected, I'd say it's a good improvement.
We can refine it later when we have examples of failures this patch does
not handle.

Christophe