[virt-tools-list] Is the default of "format" raw? (virt-install)

Chen Hanxiao chenhanxiao at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Mar 13 05:14:44 UTC 2014

What version do you use?
In upstream, I found this in virt-install man page:

"If not specified when creating file images, this will default to 'qcow2'."

And commit in git repository could be founded at:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/virt-manager.git/commit/?id=21fb072d4ac08f
7f583f20a17897fa492ce8455e

> Also, how to check what the format is of an image file? Thanks.

You could try command "file"
#file NAME
qcow2: QEMU QCOW Image (v2), 1048576 bytes