[virt-tools-list] How to add a passthrough filesystem on command line?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:06:39 UTC 2014

>> The following provides a GUI way of adding passthrough filesystem on
>> command line. But I'm not able to find a command to do so. Does
>> anybody what I should use?
>>
>> http://troglobit.com/blog/2013/07/05/file-system-pass-through-in-kvm-slash-qemu-slash-libvirt/
>>

> Are you saying that your virt-manager does not provide the UI mentioned in
> that blog post?

No. The default virt-manager is buggy. So I want to have a way to do
the same thing on command line.

> Then your virt-manager version is too old. Use the
> instructions I posted in my last mail to run virt-manager from git:
> ./virt-manager --debug

I haven't got a chance to try the latest version of ./virt-manager
yet. I'm not sure if the bug is gone or not.

>> Also, on ubuntu, is there an exhaustive list of commands I would ever
>> use for KVM? For example, even python-vm-builder is available on
>> ubuntu. But it is that it is not update anymore and probably should be
>> avoided.
>
> This type of question is best suited for an ubuntu specific list.

What are the other packages that I'd better know besides the ones
available in git://git.fedorahosted.org/virt-manager.git?

Peng