[virt-tools-list] Why there is no "autostop"?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:33:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/13/2014 01:39 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
>

>>> Use the libvirt-guests service, then edit /etc/sysconfig/libvirt-guests
>>> to change ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown instead of the default of suspend.
>
>> What is the ubuntu equivalent? I only find the following conf files.
>> But ON_SHUTDOWN appears in none of them. Thanks.
>
> Can you find the equivalent of /usr/libexec/libvirt-guests.sh, and see
> what file it sources?  Basically, libvirt installs the libvirt-guest
> preferences file into $sysconfdir/sysconfig by default, but I don't know
> enough about the ubuntu services setup to know where that would be.  Or
> do a file listing of your libvirt packages, to see which directory owns
> a file named libvirt-guests.

OK. I see the following file. I just need to change
"ON_SHUTDOWN=suspend" to "ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown"? After I change it,
then I can restart the host. How to know whether the guested have been
gracefully shutdown or not? With "ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown", the host will
be shutdown only after all the guests are shutdown? Thanks.

pengy at hydrogen:/usr$ dpkg-query -L libvirt-bin|grep guests
/usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt-guests.sh
pengy at hydrogen:/usr$ grep ON_SHUTDOWN /usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt-guests.sh
ON_SHUTDOWN=suspend
    if [ "x$ON_SHUTDOWN" = xshutdown ]; then
        ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown

Peng