[virt-tools-list] Why there is no "autostop"?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 15 07:01:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 02:42:06PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> No, that's not the file you want to edit.  Instead, figure out what file
> gets sourced a few lines later.  On my Fedora machine,
> /usr/libexec/libvirt-guests.sh contains:
>
> sysconfdir="/etc"
> test -f "$sysconfdir"/sysconfig/libvirt-guests &&
>     . "$sysconfdir"/sysconfig/libvirt-guests
>
> so my modifications would be to /etc/sysconfig/libvirt-guests.

It seems broken actually.  Here's the relevant bits from
/usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt-guests.sh on Ubuntu 13.10:

  sysconfdir="/etc"
  localstatedir="/var"
  libvirtd="/usr/sbin"/libvirtd
  test -f "$sysconfdir"/sysconfig/libvirt-guests &&
      . "$sysconfdir"/sysconfig/libvirt-guests
  LISTFILE="$localstatedir"/lib/libvirt/libvirt-guests
  VAR_SUBSYS_LIBVIRT_GUESTS="$localstatedir"/lock/subsys/libvirt-guests

However there is no /etc/sysconfig/ dir at all (nor /var/lock/subsys).

The end user could create these directories, but I'm guessing that
Ubuntu should have moved this to a more suitable location for the
distro (/etc/default, I think).

Note that this is NOT broken on Debian.  Debian is patching
libvirt-guests.sh to move the configuration to /etc/default.

To Peng Yu: Please file a bug against Ubuntu.

Rich.