[virt-tools-list] RHEL 6 VMs don't reboot at the end of the OS install

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Mar 16 18:08:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,

   When I install most VMs, like any Windows guest, the VM will reboot
after the first stage of the install is done. I see in 'virt-install'
that there is a '--noreboot' option to stop this.

   My issue is the opposite... When I click on "reboot" at the end of
installing RHEL 6 (or CentOS 6), the guest stays off. Is this a known
issue or bug? Is there a way to tell the VM to always reboot after the
first stage of the OS install is done?

Thanks!

PS - Host is RHEL 6.5, installed using virt-install. Everything stock
RHEL RPMs.

--
Digimer
access to education?