[virt-tools-list] Linux host / Windows guest sharing

Jonathon Jongsma jjongsma at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 16:42:40 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

It appears that you're trying to run the mount command in your host. As far as I know (I've never really used this feature), you should be mounting the shared folder within the guest, but windows doesn't really support the 9p filesystem. Other alternatives include mounting a SMB share on both the host and the guest.  Spice also has basic support for file transfers from the host to guest (just drag and drop a file icon onto your virt-viewer window and it should automatically transfer it to the guest).  Marc-andre is also working on a webdav sharing feature for spice, but it's still in development.

Jonathon