[virt-tools-list] qemu-system-arm: symbol lookup error: qemu-system-arm: undefined symbol: glfs_zerofill

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat May 10 06:55:15 UTC 2014

$ qemu-system-arm -help
qemu-system-arm: symbol lookup error: qemu-system-arm: undefined symbol: glfs_zerofill

This happens a lot when you upgrade qemu from Rawhide on a base [eg]
Fedora 20 system.

Now I know why this happens and how to fix it (upgrade glusterfs-libs),
but I wonder if there's something we can do to make it not happen?

Should we suggest to gluster that they use symbol versioning?
AIUI that would fix this.

Or could we encode the version of glusterfs-libs that was compiled
against into a Requires in the qemu package?  This could probably be
achieved with a tiny custom RPM requires script.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW