[virt-tools-list] Will over-allocation of vCPUs be counterproductive to VM Win7 Ultimate?

Allen Qiu my1stbox at 163.com
Wed Oct 29 16:47:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Will over-allocation of vCPUs be counterproductive to VM Win7 Ultimate? I allocated 32 (out of 64 physical cores in 8 NUMA cells, and 128G out of 2T physical RAM) to the VM. But the boot process was extremly slow, actually the desktop screen never showed up then the VM just reboot automatically. So is there anything I can do to solve this problem or the truth is Win7 by design just cannot handle that mount of CPUs even with Win7 Ultimate?
Regards,
Allen

2014-10-30

Allen Qiu