[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager PATCH RFC 3/4] virt-manager: OVMF support
lersek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 14:01:32 UTC 2014
On 09/11/14 18:56, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:
> Signed-off-by: Giuseppe Scrivano <gscrivan at redhat.com>
> ui/create.ui | 325 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
> virtManager/create.py | 59 ++++++++-
> 2 files changed, 369 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
I tested this, it's very nice. A couple of notes I mentioned earlier in
- "UEFI existing varstore" should be reworded as "existing UEFI
varstore". This label & the associated file selection edit field &
button are visible in two cases (system-wide UEF and custom UEFI).
- A little wider text field / window size would be preferable for the
file selection line edits, so that the user can see the full path (or at
least a bigger portion of it). Not overly important if it would mess up
the higher level layout.
- I created, booted, and then shut down down a diskless F20 livecd. It
worked alright, but after shutting it down, virt-manager still listed it
as "Running". ("Virsh list" did not list it.) After quitting
virt-manager and restarting it, it picked up the correct status
(ie. shutoff). Not sure if this is related to OVMF. If you can't
reproduce this, please ignore this remark.
- I checked the system-wide vs. custom UEFI options, they work well.
- I tested the preexistent varstore case as well (with the system-wide
UEFI option). Works fine.
More information about the virt-tools-list