[virt-tools-list] virtual machine start detection

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 11:21:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 01:02:51PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> isn't there anybody who can have any useful tip?
>
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > we'd like to automatically install our test system and we'd like to
> > detect somehow when the virtual machines (installed by kickstart script)
> > finish it's
> > installation (ie. the machines installed and rebooted). do you know any
> > good way for detect this?

Boxes has implemented such a restart count mechanism to try to detect
when an installation is done. I think it puts
<on_reboot>destroy</on_reboot> in the VM XML configuration in order to
be properly notified when a VM reboots.

libosinfo has an "installer-reboots" attribute for some of the
installers it knows of.

Christophe