[virt-tools-list] [libvirt] virt-manager issue, FreeBSD

Giuseppe Scrivano gscrivan at redhat.com
Sat Feb 7 09:22:47 UTC 2015

Jason Helfman <jgh at freebsd.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on resolving an issue with virt-manager on FreeBSD. A
> contributor recently worked on getting spice-gtk ported to FreeBSD,
> however I am working on this error when launching console.py.
>
> [helfman at its-helfman03 ~/workspace/ports/deskutils/virt-manager]$
> python /usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/console.py

you should not directly use console.py, but instead please use the
"virt-manager" file.

I am not sure on FreeBSD, but you should be able to run it from your
workspace as "python ./virt-manager" without installing on your system.

If you install it, then you should use /usr/local/bin/virt-manager.

Regards,
Giuseppe