[virt-tools-list] Setting publisher in virt-viewer mingw installer ?

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 13:39:25 UTC 2015

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> When I launch the virt-viewer installer in Windows Vista x86, it pops
> up the following dialog.
>
>    https://berrange.fedorapeople.org/virtviewer-installer.png
>
> Is there anything we can do to change "Unidentified publisher" to
> say "Virt Manager Project <http://virt-manager.org>" ?

I have seen this error, but not for a long time. Do you remember what you did?
I assume it's because I copy the file from local or trusted network.
(I think Windows tracks files coming from Internet somehow)

Some hints:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1560297/an-unidentified-program-wants-to-access-your-computer-in-vista

You could try self-signing the MSI with osslsigncode?