[virt-tools-list] Windows version of virsh - where to put certs?

Wed Feb 18 05:06:50 UTC 2015

I'm trying to set up my Windows workstation (Windows 8.1) to be able to use virsh via TLS, but after Googling for hours, I just can't figure out where to put the certificate files in Windows (I have it working fine on a CentOS workstation).

The error message I'm getting says that it can't find the CA certificate, but is exceedingly unhelpful in describing where it *should* go. The path in the error message is obviously not valid in Windows.

virsh # connect qemu://<myhost>/system
error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: Cannot read CA certificate '/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem': No such file or directory

Thanks!

Kevin Keane

The NetTech

http://www.4nettech.com