[virt-tools-list] Connecting to a physical drive

Blake McBride blake1024 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 04:06:44 UTC 2015

After hours of updates and installs, the VM wouldn't boot anymore.  After
two 12+ hour days, I have given up.  Today I installed VirtualBox and tried
it there.  Everything installed and ran perfectly without a single
problem.  Was able to use the raw drive in minutes.  Never a boot problem.
Install went very fast.

Being a long-time user of KVM, my takeaway is that KVM works well with
Linux.  I seem to have pretty good luck with 32 bit Windows too.  64 bit
Windows support is not ready for prime time.

Thanks.

Blake