[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] Showing guest nic's information(says ip and mac) on main panel of virt-manager

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 16:24:19 UTC 2015

On 06/08/2015 08:12 AM, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 03:38:27PM +0800, Lin Ma wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> One of my colleagues implemented a patch for showing guest nic's info
>> on virt-manager main panel via calling libvirt_qemu.qemuAgentCommand,
>> Are you interested in this 'feature'? If so, I'll tell him sending the
>> patch to the mailing list.
>>

> It might be nice to have that.  But it might be easier to use the
> domain.interfaceAddresses() call to do that, though.

Yeah I'm hesitant of going down the qemuGuestAgent route, I'd rather use the
proper libvirt APIs.

WRT exposing the feature in virt-manager, my recommendation would be to first
expose it in the NIC details page, so we can get the domain.py support correct.

Then we can have discussions about exposing it from the main panel, since
there's many different ways we could go about it