[virt-tools-list] How to make virt-manager targets the correct qemu emulators

Chen, Hanxiao chenhanxiao at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jun 25 01:45:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

From: virt-tools-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:virt-tools-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Gabriel Laupre
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:35 AM
To: virt-tools-list at redhat.com
Subject: [virt-tools-list] How to make virt-manager targets the correct qemu emulators

Hello,

I have an old version of qemu installed under the path /usr/bin/. I am using a Centos 7 machine.
I just got the last qemu code and made some modifications, recompiled it and I have my qemu emulators under /usr/local/bin.

When I launch the virt-manager, it seems that it targets the old one under /usr/bin/ and I want to change that the virt-manager will use my new one under /usr/local/bin.

Where can I specify this information?

You could:

1)       virsh edit  $YOU_VM

2)       find this:
<emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>

3)       change it to

<emulator>/usr/local/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>

4)      you may need to disabled your selinux
vim /etc/selinux/config

Hope this could help.

Regards,
- Chen