[virt-tools-list] virt-manager: Warning on startup for CentOS 7

Steve Amerige Steve.Amerige at sas.com
Fri Mar 6 12:53:29 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On our CentOS 7 hypervisors (current 3.10.0-123.20.1.el7.x86_64 kernel),
I note that we now always get the following warning message:

> ** (virt-manager:22899): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility
> bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-9EjiOC2ERr: Connection refused

when we start *virt-manager*.  It doesn't seem to affect performance,
but it is annoying and it causes users to submit support tickets that
then take time to address.  It also reduces confidence that everything
is working the way it should.

I have searched for a solution and haven't found one yet.  Does anyone
know (1) what is going on, and (2) how to remedy this problem so that
the issue is addressed and the warning message is no longer emitted?

Many thanks,
Steve Amerige
Principal Software Developer, Fraud and Compliance Solutions Development
SAS Institute, 100 SAS Campus Dr, Room U3050, Cary, NC 27513-8617