[virt-tools-list] Compiling for USB Redirection support in Windows

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Thu May 21 09:52:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 09:41:56AM +0000, Charlie Benger-Stevenson wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for your quick response. I have read the walkthrough you
> linked to. It answers a lot of my questions about cross compiling so
> that's a great help.

Great :)

> However the point of all of this was to cross compile with USB
> redirection support. I note that this is not in the configure.ac
> file at all, so are you saying USB redirection is not supported
> on windows? Or it is possible to recompile with USB redirection
> and at least test it to find out the actual state of play?
> If this is no longer even an option in the configure.ac file,
> then how can you even compile it with USB redirection support
> for any platform?

I'm not saying it is not possible. I never tried and I was wondering if
it works. The USB redirection is part of spice-gtk, not virt-viewer. So
you would need to cross-compile spice-gtk with --enable-usbredir and
then build virt-viewer with this new spice-gtk (--with-spice-gtk).

There is mingw package for usbredir, so I believe it will works.

Best,
Victor Toso