[virt-tools-list] Compiling for USB Redirection support in Windows

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri May 22 09:56:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 09:30:37AM +0000, Charlie Benger-Stevenson wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
> Thanks for your quick response. The scratch build seems to be an rpm, so I'm guessing not for windows?

It i for windows, you can unpack the rpms with (for example)
rpm2cpio foo.rpm |cpio -id

> Also I used Fedora 18 for the build as this was the build of choice
> from what I was reading in scraps of emails in the mailing lists.
> To completely rebuild using a later version of fedora, without knowing
> if it will solve my problem seems like a lot of pain for very little
> gain.

If you are on f18, yum-builddep mingw-spice-gtk should install most of
the needed deps

> I have of course subscribed to the spice-gtk mailing list, but have
> not yet been officially registered so I have to sit and wait.

By 'spice-gtk mailing list' do you mean
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/admindb/spice-devel
Inscriptions to this list are not moderated, it's just the regular
"give your email, receive a confirmation email, send back a
confirmation" dance. Is it what you are in the process of doing, or are
you waiting for something else?

> In the mean times, if you can suggest how I can fix this compile
> problem I would really appreciate it.
> For info :
> pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0
> gives
> -I/usr/include/pixman-1
> in it's output so I really am confused as pkg-config does indeed know
> where to find pixman-1 it seems, yet continues to complain.

pkg-config is giving you information about the linux version of pixman
installed for your distro. Try mingw32-pkg-config instead.

Christophe