[virt-tools-list] possible bug in passing host cpu configuration

LK cesto at email.it
Sun Nov 8 15:37:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have banged my head for a few days on a problem with a virtual machine
configuration.

I want to use Nested Virtualization, but virt-manager did not let me to
pass the host cpu configuration (I checked the "Copy host CPU
configuration").

After countless tests I was giving up (I also tried to modify manually
the xml file in /etc/libvirt/qemu/vm.xml), but as last attempt I
discarded virt-manager and used virsh instead.

I modified the configuration of the VM (virsh edit vm) and added this
cpu configuration:

###########
<cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
</cpu>
###########

I saved the configuration and launched the VM and finally the guest
operating system (proxmox4) shows me that it can use the nested
virtualization.

I'm using as host Fedora 23 x86_64 and virt-manager  1.2.1.

The funny thing is that after configuring the VM using virsh edit, now
virt-manager retain the correct configuration.

LuKe

 --
 ZE-Light e ZE-Pro: servizi zimbra per caselle con dominio email.it, per tutti i dettagli
Clicca qui http://posta.email.it/caselle-di-posta-z-email-it/?utm_campaign=email_Zimbra_102014=main_footer/f

 Sponsor:
 Soluzioni di email hosting per tutte le esigenze: dalle caselle gratuite a quelle professionali su piattaforma Zimbra, da quelle su proprio dominio a quelle certificate PEC. Confronta le soluzioni
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=13325&d=8-11