[virt-tools-list] Questions about cdrom installation in virt-manager

Kevin Zhao kevinzs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 11 05:45:32 UTC 2015

Hi Cole & all,
       There is a question just confusing me.
       When I use virt-install , set the  --location parameter like this
:  --location /tmp/**.iso, virt-install can search the iso and get the
tree.info , kernel.img and initrd.img. But when I replace the parameter
"--location " with the "--cdrom", it will not be able to search the iso
for kernel.img and initrd.img ,I need to specify the kernel and
initrd(Maybe inn the arch ppc64le and s390x).
        But when I use virt-manager, choose the cdrom I can not get the
functions just like "--location". So does the virt-manager support the
functions just like "--location" do? I see that by using network
installation , virt-manager will search for tree.info, how to use  it
to get a local iso treeinfo?
        My descriptions may not be very clear . So feel free to let me
know if you have any question.

Best Regards,
Kevin