[virt-tools-list] Curious Connectivity Issue

Gustave Stresen-Reuter tedmasterweb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:28:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm new to the list and not even sure if this is the right list to be
writing to so please feel free to redirect if needed.

I've summarized my issue in this blog post:
http://chicagoitsystems.com/centos-7-kvm-macvtap-loses-all-connectivity/

However, since writing that, I've found that I can regain connectivity by
stopping and restarting the guest that uses the Macvtap connections.
Apparently, the command that executes that creates the interfaces does not
include the "allow reconnections" options.+

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction I
need to go to verify that this is indeed the issue (like, modifying the
script used to start the machine from the command line to see if I can add…
oh wait, maybe there is a switch in the XML that is not being set???)

Anyway, as you can see, I would appreciate any pointers people on this list
can give.

Sincerely,

Ted Stresen-Reuter