[virt-tools-list] Keyboard autorepeat issue

Tadas tadas at ring.lt
Tue Nov 24 07:23:59 UTC 2015

Hello lists,

we have an interesting issue, while using spice and remote-viewer on a
Windows 7 guests.

The problem is that some of keys are not generating autorepeat while
holding them pressed down. Currently we are having issues with "del" and
"left", "right" keys. All other keys seem to work fine. Packages used:

qemu-kvm                         1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u1
libvirt-bin                      1.2.9-9+deb8u1

remote-viewer - tried 1.00 and 2.00
spice-guest tools - tried 0.100 and 0.74

Strangely enough this autorepeat problem disappears if I add USB
keyboard next to default PS/2 one. This will cause another problem
though - you are not able to shutdown guest while pressing power off
button on client PC.

Maybe you have any idea, where we should look in?
Thank you.