[virt-tools-list] [virt-viewer] plan for 3.0 release and dropping GTK2 support

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 14:54:08 UTC 2015

We made the last release (v2.0) way back in Jan this year. There are plenty
of patches accumulated in GIT since then, so we're way overdue for making
a new release.

Thus I'd suggest that we plan to make a v3.0 release in 1 week time on
Wed Dec 2nd.  With that in mind any pending patches should be reviewed
and merged in the next few days.

Furthermore, I suggest that we officially declare 3.0 release to be
the *LAST* main line release to support GTK2 and GTK3 in parallel.
ie the relase 4.0 should be GTK3 only.

If we need to do further fixes for GTK2, we can create a v2.0-maint
branch and have minor point releases (2.1, 2.2, etc) for that purpose,
but the bulk of new development be GTK3 focused.

Regards,
Daniel