[virt-tools-list] Re:Re: [help] Does spice support Camera or Printer ?

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Fri Nov 27 07:37:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please, do cc: virt-tools-list at redhat.com so others can help and/or
benefit from your doubt!

First of all, sorry. I misguided you. UsbDk is intended to be installed
for windows client, not windows guest.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 02:29:30PM +0800, hongzhen_luo at sina.com wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Mr toso
> I have installed UsbDK in my guest OS and host, yesterday, but
> the Camera dirver was still failed for installing in the Guest OS...
> when I installed Camera in the Guest ,it will be poped up a message
> box --'USB redirection error :Could not auto-redirection USB Camera
> (Interface 0); Could not clam interface 1(configuration 1);
> LIB_USB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPROTED'
>
> This's my device environment
>> - which client are you using? (e.g. remote-viewer)
> virt-viewer-2.0 /spice-gtk 0.28..
>> - which client OS (Linux / Windows)
> Windows7 32bit
>> - which guest OS
> Windows7 32bit-server

So, you are also using windows client.

The usbredir is not compiled by default into windows client. It might
be, for the next release. I'm cc'ing Fabiano in this email as I believe
he will be doing the release in the next few weeks for mingw-spice-gtk.

Also, I'm not 100% sure that UsbDk on windows client will be supported
in the next upstream release for virt-viewer because this not yet landed
in spice-gtk upstream [0]. So, in case usbredir is supported in the next
version of windows client, you will might need to install usbclerk in
the windows client machine. Note that, I'm not sure webcam is supported
by usbclerk...

[0]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2015-October/022851.html

Cheers,