[virt-tools-list] How to connect virt-manager to two hosts?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 10:13:11 UTC 2015

I have 2 Centos 7.1 servers running KVM - let's call them KVM1 and KVM2.
Virt-manager is installed on KVM2 and I run that from my Windows PC using
VxXsrv which I believe is a fork of Xming. This allows me to configure the
VMs on KVM2 with virt-manager.

I believe it's possible to have virt-manager connect to multiple hosts so
I'm trying to get it to access KVM1 as well, but I keep getting an error
which I don't know how to fix:

   Unable to connect to libvirt.
   You need to install openssh-askpass or similar to connect to this host.
   Libvirt URI is: qemu+ssh://root@192.168.0.102/system
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 969, in
_open_thread self._backend.open(self._do_creds_password)
     File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py", line 157, in
open        open_flags)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 105, in
openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
   libvirtError: Cannot recv data: ssh_askpass:
exec(/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
   Permission denied, please try again.
   ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-askpass): No such file or
directory
   Permission denied, please try again.
   ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-askpass): No such file or
directory
   Permission denied (publickey,password).: Connection reset by peer

I have installed openssh-askpass on KVM 2 and KVM1 and virsh on KVM2 can
connect to KVM1:
   # virsh --connect qemu+ssh://192.168.0.102/system
   root at 192.168.0.102's password:
   Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Can anyone please advise what I need to do to get virt-manager on KVM2 to
connect to KVM1.