[virt-tools-list] Start encrypted Image with virt-manager

Matthias Peter Walther m_walt11 at uni-muenster.de
Wed Sep 9 09:14:27 UTC 2015

Hello,

I subscribed today, because I googled my problem and couldn't find a
solution. Maybe you know how to do this:

I encrypted an image of mine with the option: -o encryption

Then I removed the hard drive from the virtual machine and plugged the
encrypted image as new harddrive in.

Unfortunately virt-manager doesn't ask for the password and just fails
giving the error, that the image is encrypted.

How can I start an encrypted virtual machine with the virt-manager?

Thanks for reading, I hope for your answer.

Greetings
Matthias