[virt-tools-list] Using "local" ISO file with a remote system

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Wed Sep 9 04:14:23 UTC 2015

virt-manager (0.9.1) is accessing a remote system using qemu+ssh://remote/system.
When I create a new virtual machine and select local install media for an ISO and hit browse I get the expected browser, listing a volume group and default filesystem directory in the left-hand panel.  Both names are greyed out.  Similarly, the "Browse Local", "New Volume" and "Choose Volume" buttons on the bottom are greyed out.

The iso image I want to use is on the remote system.  What do I need to do to use it?

When I do the same thing sitting on the remote system I am able to access the iso images.

I am running as a regular user with permission to access the libvirt daemon.

I figured I could create the VM and install the OS later, but the GUI doesn't seem to want me to proceed without supplying installation media.

cc's appreciated.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan