[virt-tools-list] virt-manager hard coded path causing issues in GhostBSD

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 16 20:27:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I received this report today in using virt-manager on GhostBSD (
http://ghostbsd.org/about)

Hello,

I was getting the following error on startup in GhostBSD 10.1 inside a
virtual machine:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml'

After some searching it looks like this is a hard coded path in

https://github.com/virt-manager/virt-manager/blob/master/virtinst/capabilities.py#L55

It will start up correctly If I manually change it to:
/usr/local/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml

Not sure if this requires a port patch or change upstream.

======

Any thoughts on what can be done upstream in the code to fix this? In the
meanwhile, I can patch it in FreeBSD.

Thanks,
Jason
--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve