[virt-tools-list] [virt-what] Should there be an order in which facts are printed?

Matthew Gyurgyik gyurgyikms at ornl.gov
Fri Apr 1 17:25:57 UTC 2016

Looking at virt-what.in there does not appear to be any order in which
facts are ordered/printed.

I have a systemd-spawn container running on a vmware guest and receive
the following output.

-bash-4.2# virt-what
vmware
lxc

However, it would appear that if I was running kvm with docker, lxc
would be listed first followed by kvm.

The reason I raise this question - I noticed facter[1] was returning
vmware instead of lxc. I dug in the code and found out that facter is
calling virt-what and is returning the first result.

If the hypevisor was printed first and then the container second I could
submit a patch to parse the last line of output.

Thanks,
Matthew

[1] https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter