[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer lacks any means to disable auto usb redirection client side

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 08:45:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 2016-04-21 at 08:34 +0000, Елена Смирнова wrote:

> > From the spice-gtk man page:
>
> virt-viewer man page lacks any mention of this options or
> spice-gtk in "SEE ALSO" section.

yes, it is a bug

> > What do you miss - the filter ?
>
> I want to disable usb-autoshare by default but enable in for certain
> guests by UUID like this:
>
> [virt-viewer]
> ask-quit=false
>
> [fallback]
> disable-channels=playback,record,smartcard,usbredir
> disable-effects=all
> enable-usbredir=0
> enable-usb-autoshare=0
>
> [01234567-89ab-cdef-1234-56789abcdef1]
> enable-usbredir=1
> enable-usb-autoshare=1
>
> These options are described in remote-viewer man page but this config
> doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?

these options are only for the connection file (sometimes called vv file).

The configuration file you are editing is currently only used to specify monitor
mapping in the fullscreen mode.

Do you mind opening a bug/rfe with an use case?
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spice&component=RFE

Thanks,
Pavel