[virt-tools-list] Nvidia And the Infamous Code 43

Pavel Hrdina phrdina at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 13:32:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 08:40:34PM -0500, Benjamin Westcott wrote:
> So I know that error code 43 is just the Nvidia driver detecting it is
> being virtualized and killing itself, as a part of the ever-evolving "bug"
> that breaks workarounds as they come out.
>
> I've tried all the suggestions online, and the driver still crashes. It
> probably doesn't help that all the posts are from some time before 2015 (at
> least the ones I checked the date on).
>
> Are there any currently working solutions?
>
> GTX 960, Windows 10 x86_64

All required information can be found at this wiki page [1].

You need to hide KVM, and change Hyper-V vendor_id like this:

  <features>
    <kvm>
      <hidden state='on'/>
    </kvm>
    <hyperv>
      <vendor_id state='on' value='whatever'/>
    </hyperv>
  </features>

I would recommend to enable all other Hyper-V features for better performance.

Pavel

[1] <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF>