[virt-tools-list] [PATCH] app: Don't leave a window opened in case of connection error
fidencio at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 16:10:12 UTC 2016
Since commit ed9b3f3 the main window is not hidden when disconnecting.
But it also is not hidden when a connection error occurs, leaving a
black display with a not so accurate message to the users in case they
try to connect to a non-valid address from the remote-viewer connection
window and in this case the main window (display #1) shuldn't be shown.
The impetus for this chance is the following:
- user runs remote-viewer without any argument
- the remote-viewer connection window shows up
- user attempts to connect to a non-valid address
- a dialog pops up indicating a failure connecting to the graphic server
- the main window shows up saying "Connecting to the graphic server"
- user clicks 'Ok'
- the main window stays there with the same message
As a user, I expect the program to not show the main window in
connecting failure cases. This patch accomplishes that.
src/virt-viewer-app.c | 5 ++++-
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/src/virt-viewer-app.c b/src/virt-viewer-app.c
index 7f7fed3..071fb58 100644
@@ -614,7 +614,10 @@ static void hide_one_window(gpointer value,
gpointer user_data G_GNUC_UNUSED)
VirtViewerApp* self = VIRT_VIEWER_APP(user_data);
- if (self->priv->main_window != value)
+ VirtViewerAppPrivate *priv = self->priv;
+ gboolean connect_error = !priv->connected && !priv->cancelled;
+ if (connect_error || self->priv->main_window != value)
More information about the virt-tools-list