[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager just sits at Connecting...

Greg Teiber gteiber at firstcomm.com
Thu Jan 14 21:57:27 UTC 2016

I'm using VNC to get to the desktop on a physical server.

I tried it with su - and no joy.  So I tried virt-manager --debug

I got back a couple pages of this:

" Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/baseclass.py", line 135, in wrap_func
    self.disconnect(id_list[0])
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/baseclass.py", line 96, in disconnect
    ret = GObject.GObject.disconnect(self, handle)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/GObject.py", line 429, in wrapper
    return func(_get_instance_for_signal(obj), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/types.py", line 113, in function
    return info.invoke(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: argument instance: Expected GObject.Object, but got PyCObject"

That's an obvious problem, but I'm not sure what direction to go in repairing it.

-Greg