[virt-tools-list] passing metadata to virt-manager or vmm

Abdi Ibrahim abdi at ai-consulting.ca
Tue Jan 19 16:10:14 UTC 2016

​there is a process running on the hypervisor (kvm in my case) watching for
VM events (launch, destroy, stop etc...) and reads the domain xml file to
trigger a configuration management workflow. For example there is a tag for
tenant name and ID (OpenStack) and when the VM is shutdown or rebooted the
process notifies a Consul cluster (Hashicorp) for monitoring purposes. Hope
this make sense. ​