[virt-tools-list] No UEFI option in virt-manager 1.3

Anders Pitman tapitman11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 02:05:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

My host machine is running Ubuntu 16.04 with libvirt 1.3.1. I've been
administering my VMs using virt-manager over SSH from my laptop. I was
using virt-manager 0.9.5, but noticed some discrepancies with most of the
tutorials out there (host-passthrough wouldn't work) so downloaded 1.4. Ran
into issues getting PyGobject 3 installed on my laptop (Ubuntu 14.04) so I
stepped back to 1.3. This has been working well, but I noticed the option
for the firmware dropdown where you can select UEFI isn't showing up
anymore, and it's using SeaBIOS for all new VMs. I tried modifying
/etc/libvirt/qemu.conf to make it point to OVMF_CODE.fd and OVMF_VARS.fd
but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
//anders