[virt-tools-list] Focus getting stuck in viewer

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jul 26 13:01:54 UTC 2016

After upgrading to Fedora 24, I'm now experiencing a new issue where
the mouse focus keeps getting stuck in the virt-manager viewer.
Keystrokes are sent to the guest VM even though the mouse pointer is
in an adjacent gnome-terminal window (on a different monitor).  I'm
using focus-follows-mouse (sloppy focus) and the gnome-terminal window
title is highlighted like it should have focus, and even if I click in
the gnome-terminal window, the actual focus of keyboard input still
does not change.  Additionally, I'm unable to move/resize windows
anymore.  The only way to fix this is to go back to the virt-viewer
window, double click the title bar, move it around, middle click to
send it under, etc. until it finally gives up focus.

It seems that this problem is triggered when I mouse over the
virt-viewer window on my way to a different window on the other side.