[virt-tools-list] new home for vhostmd

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed Mar 9 22:58:55 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I had once again nearly forgot about vhostmd whenI received a mail from
Michael-John Turner asking about packaging it for Debian. He was looking for the
canonical source, which was on the now defunct gitorious. Sadly, I never moved
the code togithub, gitlab, other hosting service that may die in the future. It
is still available via the readonly mirror

https://gitorious.org/vhostmd/vhostmd.git/

vhostmd at opensuse.org was used as a mail list for vhostmd discussions, but with
no activity in years the list was apparently removed. In my reply to
Michael-John, I received the following response when cc'ing vhostmd at opensuse.org:

   <vhostmd at lists5-opensuse.suse.de>: Command died with status 1:
      "/usr/bin/mlmmj-recieve -L /var/spool/mlmmj-gone/gone/"

Since vhostmd is one of many virt-tools, I'm writing here to see if there is any
interest in including vhostmd in virt-tools discussions. Saying vhostmd traffic
is light is an understatement, so I don't think it would burden the list. Like
virt-manager, the code could be moved to github and its README updated to point
to virt-tools-list for "comments / suggestions / patches".

Thanks for you comments.

Regards,
Jim