[virt-tools-list] virt-what : question 4

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 09:02:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 07:18:38PM +0100, otheus uibk wrote:
> Question 4: Where is the .spec file and why isn't it in the git repo?
> (I apologize if the tone is harsh. I'm just a little shocked that a
> RedHat-specific project doesn't have a .spec file).

It's in Fedora.  You can get it from here:

  http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/virt-what.git/

The RHEL spec file is forked from this one, and you can get that from
the RHEL sources:

  https://git.centos.org/summary/!rpms!virt-what.git

If we put the spec file into the upstream tree, then that would favour
RHEL over other distros that carry virt-what, incuding other RPM-based
distros like SuSE.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW