[virt-tools-list] virt-manager major & minor enhancement proposals

jean-christophe Manciot manciot.jeanchristophe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:32:13 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

The first 2 major proposals depend of 2 similar proposals I've just made
for libvirt *northbound API and features*. I consider the last 3 as minor.

1) add connection type: *Docker*
2) add the ability to *choose the bridge type of any virtual network:*
- Linux bridge
+ VPP
+ OvS: much less important
3) connect to *ssh-agent or gpg-agent* for the private SSH key password
used when there is a remote connection type
4)  add create storage pool types *NFS, auto & CIFS*
It's clearer than libvirt netfs terminology
glusterfs is already a choice
5) *cold migration* of any VM xml and if necessary all its
      * virtual disk(s)
      * virtual network(s) xml
      * storage pool xml
This may need a feature not already offered by libvirt, although it seems
easier to implement than hot migration. Maybe I'm missing something here.
--
*Jean-Christophe Manciot*

*[image: Architecte réseaux et Sécurité]
<https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/people/manciot.jeanchristophe/content>
*[image:
Network & Security Architect]
<https://fr.linkedin.com/in/jeanchristophemanciot/en>