[virt-tools-list] libosinfo 1.0 not reporting device class?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 21:58:17 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 04:05:34PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> libosinfo 1.0 seems to be causing regressions with virt-manager on Fedora 25.
> Just run the virt-manager test suite and check the failures. Not sure if this
> is an upstream bug or a packaging issue though. Simple reproducer is:

Hmm, that's odd - I explicitly got the virt-manager test suite running in
the libvirt centos CI, specifically to test that I didn't cause regressions.

So builds from GIT at working at least, which suggests packaging bug as
the issue.

> Notice that get_class() returns None. virt-manager does all the device support
> matching by filtering on device class, and it seems class=None is breaking
> that. get_name() returns empty results as well which will also break
> virt-manager. I haven't dug into the 'why' though

Most device info comes from the pci.ids file, but class info is added via
an XML override, so seeing the devices without class, means the override
is missing.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|