[virt-tools-list] Plugins for virt-manager

David Ashley w.david.ashley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:56:37 UTC 2016

Does virt-manager support plugins? I have looked through the source code
and can not find any supporting mechanism for this functionality. I have
an idea for extending virt-manager but it would involve functionality
that would only be useful for some users. I would hate to impose the
overhead for this new functionality for all users so I think it should
be implemented as a plugin.

I can add the plugin code to virt-manager once an architecture has been
established. Obviously a lot of input would be needed to get this right.
Would others be interested in contributing (ideas, code, testing, etc.)
to this? Or is this even the correct way to add new functionality to
virt-manager? is there a better way?

Discussion anyone?

W. David Ashley