[virt-tools-list] Fix for virt-install of Ubuntu 16.04 from Cobbler defaults to i386

Rowan Potgieter rowan.potgieter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:58:18 UTC 2017

Hi

We are in the process of setting up Cobbler so we can use PXE boot on our
corporate network.
To test that everything works as expected I imported Ubuntu 16.04.2 Server
amd64 and attempted to PXE boat using koan as per this guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Cobbler/Deployment

virt-install fails to startup due to an "hvm" error which I can see is due
to virt-install defaulting to the i386 arch - this is similar to an issue
that was fixed recently:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2016-August/msg00009.html
https://github.com/virt-manager/virt-manager/commit/3f15a489cda87f8028828d567848193dd2640a43

However, I've noticed that the uri generated by Cobbler does not use amd64,
it uses x86_64 instead. To get the PXE boot to work I needed to add x86_64
to the arch check.

I've attached a patch showing the changes - there may be a better/cleaner
way to handle this but this change did work for me in my environment.

Kind Regards
Rowan