[virt-tools-list] Easier container creation

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Apr 24 07:35:32 UTC 2017

Hi Radostin,

On Sat, 2017-04-22 at 17:47 +0100, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
> I am working on integration of the tool virt-bootstrap (https://github.com/cbosdo/virt-bootstrap) with virt-manager.
> The integration aims to replace the message "The OS directory tree must already exist ..." in the current version of
> virt-manager.

Thanks for sharing your ideas on that topic!

> Until now, I made a few changes in the UI and added a few lines in virt-manager/virtManager/create.py to make it
> work.
> I would like to ask for feedback on the UI which is shown in the attached screen recording.

The UI looks rather good to me. There is one thing to be removed
though: the root password field shouldn't be in the UI. The authentication
should be left to the system.

I've just seen one potential trouble: this scenario works pretty
nicely for local connections, but we'll need to handle them for
remote ones.

--
Cedric