[virt-tools-list] Problem getting virt-manager to start

Richard rdavy at stx.rr.com
Sat Feb 25 15:29:39 UTC 2017

I'm a new comer to virtualization and virt-manager. I did have
(KVM-QEMU) virt-manager running well on both my Ubuntu 16.04 PCs then
suddenly one of them developed a problem starting  for reasons unknown
to me. I've tried reinstalling virt-manager several times resolving a
few issues of held packages and have gotten to the point where I get
this error message -

Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: '_CLIConfig' object has no
attribute 'gsettings_dir'

rror starting Virtual Machine Manager: '_CLIConfig' object has no
attribute 'gsettings_dir'

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 276, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 220, in main
     "virt-manager", CLIConfig, options.testfirstrun)
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/config.py", line 165, in
__init__
     CLIConfig.gsettings_dir)
AttributeError: '_CLIConfig' object has no attribute 'gsettings_dir'

After many searches there doesn't seem to be an answer for that
particular problem. Can anyone help me get the problem resolved?

Thanks

Richard